This is master control for your dated events. You can add & edit events, filter & sort the list of events, and manage multiple events all at once. From here you can also approve user submitted photos!
The information on this page also applies to the Businesses Dashboard, with slight modifications.
Spark location: Events
Tools above the listings
Actions provides functionality which can be applied to individual events or multiple events simultaneously, depending on which events are check-marked
- Make listed & Make unlisted determine whether events are visible in the site navigation
- Make "our pick" & Remove "our pick" determine whether events are featured with a 'star' icon on the event calendar
- Move To... allows you to change the event category
- Add To... allows you to include an event in additional categories
- Deactivate turns off access to an event page
Active determines the site mode(s) shown in the event list
- Active will show only events which are currently active
- Inactive will show only events which are currently inactive
- All will show all of your events regardless of their site mode
Filters can be applied individually or combined to focus the event list
- Year narrows the list to a single event year
- Category narrows the list to a single event category
- Listed narrows the list to strictly listed events
- Unlisted narrows the list to strictly unlisted events
- Member Only Events narrows the list to strictly member events (this filter may not be available on your site)
More provides additional event settings:
- Edit Schedule Views This allows you to select which types of views are available on your event calendar, as well as the filter orientation. If you're not familiar with the views, go to the event calendar on your website and click each of the icons displayed below the EVENTS title to see the display differences. Most sites leave all the Available Views checked. But only one of them can be the default view which is loaded when you first arrive at the calendar.
Changing the filter orientation to horizontal moves the icons, selectors, categories, and tags to a single bar above the listings, which allows the events to spread the full width of the page. Here's an example using the vertical setting:
and here's the same page using the horizontal setting:
(note: categories changes to a dropdown menu)
- Edit Text/Gallery Heading allows you to post a text intro with a photo gallery or video above your event calendar.
- Add/Edit Custom Field gives you the option of adding custom data fields to all of your event listings. For example, you could add 'Parking Fee' if this is something charged at your events, yet often changes in cost. It just creates a field to be completed, and if left empty it does not appear.
- Event Templates opens the event template page where you create & manage starting points for building your event pages.
Search allows you to quickly find events by keyword. Event names will appear below the search box as you type, and you can arrow-down or hover-over and click when you see what you're looking for. The search is not really seeking words - it's matching character strings. So, your search results might pull up events which seem out of place, yet the characters are matching a word or partial word in the event text.
View Page will open a new browser tab to display your website event calendar
Export / Export by Date allow you to download your event data for use in a spreadsheet
Import allows you to import event data from a spreadsheet
TIP: any times you add in the spreadsheet need to be formatted like this:
The Checkbox is used with the Actions, Active and/or Filters tools (described above). Any number of events can be checked at a time.
The Star icon designates whether an event is flagged as 'Our Pick' in the event listings. Gold means it's picked, gray means it's not.
The Listed icon designates whether an event is shown in your site navigation. Green means it's listed, gray means it's not.
The $ icon displays if an event has items for sale.
Hover over an event name to manage details of a single event
- QuickEdit gives you access to the basic details of an event without leaving the event list
- Edit opens the full editing window for an event
- View opens a new browser tab to display the event page on your site
- Copy duplicates an event and adds 'Copy#' to the title
- Deactivate makes an event inaccessible on your site
up/down triangles will sort the list in ascending or descending order according to the date column you've chosen
Category & Subcategory columns display the categories associated with each event
New icon appears when there are new image submissions for you to review. Click the icon to view the image(s).Using images provided by your customers is a great way to increase interactivity and improve your event photography. We've built a tool so your customers can easily contribute to the content of your website.
The PULSE dashboard will notify you when an image has been added to one of your event pages. Don't fret, you must APPROVE or DELETE these before they're visible to the public!
To get started, click on the camera icon from the PULSE dashboard.
You’ll be taken to the event schedule where events with NEW images will be filtered to the top (notice the IMGS column of the event manager, you can sort by this filter at any time)
Hover over the event you'd like to review the photos for and select Edit or click the NEW button
When the page loads, you will need to locate the MEDIA module and click on it to open the module for editing.
Select User Images and any photos submitted by your customers will appear here.
If you're confident in the photos submitted, you can check the box to the left of each photo and and then select the APPROVE SELECTED button.
If you do NOT approve of this photo you can click the power dots on the right and select Delete
If you need a better look at the image, click on the power dots and select Edit
You can then review the users contact information and caption. You can click the link of the photo to see it larger or even crop it.
Once you've cleaned up the user submitted photos and approve them, this will automatically add these photos to the bottom of the event media rotation, but you can always move them up if you like.