Add an Event page
This adds core details for a new event, then opens a window for designing a new event page. You can add & arrange sections and content modules to create an endless array of page designs. Even when you're done with the page, you can always come back and modify any part of it.
Spark location: Events > + Add A New Event
- add the event name (required)
- select a category. Some categories may have sub-categories. (required)
- choose a location or multiple locations. You can also add new locations.
- select a specific template if you want something other than the default.
Find out more in the knowledge base article 'Create & Manage Templates'.
- check the Unlisted box if you don't want this event to appear on your calendar
- select the event year
- add dates (start date required)
- add start & end times
- upload an image. This will be the main image for the event throughout your calendar.
Hide Options (as seen after clicking Show Options)
- check 'Our Pick Icon' to spotlight the event in your calendar
- check 'Member Site' to include the event in your members-only section. This does not apply to all sites.
- Schedule It allows you to select the date & time the event should be published to your event schedule
- select whether the event should be seen once in the calendar, or repeated if it's a multi-day event
- link to either a location page with all events at that location, or a Google Map pop-up
- add the Homepage & Expanded View Description. Strongly Recommended.
- upload an audio file associated with this event.
- add an Event Page Friendly URL, which will shorten the overall web address
- add a Quick Event External Link if you don't need a full page for the event and want to link it to an external site.
- Save & Create Page to build a full event page
- or, Save Quick Event if this is a basic calendar listing which does not require additional information
After choosing Save & Create Page you'll see at least two sections and seven core modules (depending on the template you chose), as well as an expanded tool box.