SaffireTix App - User Guide
- Go to the App Store on your Apple Device
- Search for "SaffireTix"
- Click "Get" to download the app
- Select your login mode (Email & Password or Pin)
- If you've selected Pin, enter your Event's URL: www.youreventurl.com
- Click the "Sign In" button
- If you've selected Email, enter your Event's URL: www.youreventurl.com
- Enter the email address of the User that is setup to scan or sell tickets - email@example.com, PW: 1234
- Click the "Sign In" Button
Select a Location
- After logging in, you will be shown the "Choose Location" screen.
- Select the location where you will be scanning or selling tickets.
Scan a Ticket
- The camera icon at the bottom of the app puts you into "Scan Mode".
- Click on "Tap to Scan" to begin scanning a ticket.
- Hold the QR code from the ticket in front of the camera.
- As soon as the app begins to look up the ticket, remove the ticket from in front of the camera (Leaving the ticket in front of the camera may cause the app to read the ticket twice and give a false Decline).
- The app will show a green Success screen when the ticket has been approved.
- After scanning a ticket, the app will make a loud noise and show a red Denied screen if the ticket is not valid.
- The fail reason will show in the Denied screen.
- A Denied alert can mean several things:
- The ticket is not valid for that particular event
- The ticket is not valid for that particular day
- The ticket has already been redeemed at a specific location and time already
- If the camera cannot read the QR code, you may also manually enter the letters listed underneath the code in the white bar above the camera that is labeled "Enter Code Manually"
Check the Scan History for a Denied Scan
- After a Denied alert, you can check the Scan History to determine if the ticket has already been used.
- To see a Scan History, select the arrow button (see below) at the bottom of the app and you will be shown the history screen.
Select the latest Denied scan in Red to see that Ticket's history
In the example below, you can see the time and date where it was successfully redeemed. You can tell that the person scanning scanned it twice since it was only minutes apart from the original date/time redeemed.
Check In/Check Out Mode
- The SaffireTix app will always default to "Check In" mode
- to switch the app to "Check Out" mode, click on the blue "Check In Mode" bar at the bottom of the screen and select "Check Out".
- To see what mode the app is in, look at the label at the top of the "Tap to Scan" screen.
- Access the settings screen by touching the Settings widget in the lower right corner (see below).
- The Settings screen is where you go to select a new Location, turn on the flash on the Apple device's camera, look up an order, or log out.
- You MUST log out and log in with your email address if you switch devices.
- If you take the scanner to a new location, click on the Current Location and you can select your new Location from the list available.
- Touch the $ widget at the bottom of the app to begin Sales Mode if you're selling tickets.
- Use the + and - signs to add quantities of each ticket being purchased.
- For credit card payment, select Credit Card (bottom right button), and slide the card through the credit card reader on the apple device to make the payment.
- The app will show a green Success screen when the credit card has been approved.
- For cash payment, select the Cash Change or Cash Exact button, enter the amount of cash received, and the app will calculate the change due.
- Click OK to record the payment. The change due will be repeated on the green Success screen.