Add a New Form
Tools > Forms > Add a New Form
The Add a New Form link on the Forms Dashboard opens to an entirely new page which has a few things you'll need to to take care of before building your form...
- Form Title is required - this will show as the page heading
- User Type is required - selecting the correct user type is important to ensure the form's data is stored in the correct location in your admin site for future use.
Note: User Type cannot be modified after saving the form.
- Customer - forms pertaining to event patrons and attendees
- Member/Volunteer - forms pertaining to individuals who work for and/or are associated with your event
- Sponsor - forms pertaining to individuals, businesses or organizations who donate goods and/or services to your event in exchange for recognition
- Vendor - forms pertaining to individuals, businesses or organizations who will be selling goods and/or services at your event
- Year is required - this will associate the form with a specific year
- Email submissions to: is not required. If no address is added, no one will receive notifications, but form submissions will still be stored and available or export. You can enter multiple addresses - just separate them with commas.
- check Account Required if you want to require users to have accounts on your site in order to access the form
- The View button will be activated after you've saved the form the first time
You'll need to Save this initial screen before you can continue building the form.
After saving the form, these additional tools will be activated:
- Enable spam protection - this is on by default and we recommend leaving it activated
- Limit # of submissions - you can set a maximum number of submissions the form will accept. If this form is tied to a product that has an inventory, the inventory will override the form limit.
- Edit Submission limit response - this is an on-screen message which appears when the limit is reached
- Text above form - this space is provided for details and instructions. If no text is added, this space will not appear on your form.
IMPORTANT: Saffire forms cannot be used to collect sensitive data. This includes credit card numbers, social security numbers, passwords, or similar types of information. Saffire will remove forms without notice which attempt to capture and store sensitive data.
Adding Form Items
- Forms are built with items which represent data fields. These appear as light blue boxes across three columns. This layout keeps them compact for desktop computers, yet also mobile-friendly. When viewed on a mobile device the columns will automatically stack.
- Your form will have a few items already in place. These vary depending on the type of form you initially selected. They can be reordered and moved from column-to-column, and you can add data fields by dragging & dropping any of the dark blue Form Items from the left panel to any 'Drag new form item here' heading. See the Form Items article for details on how to use each of these.
- Once added to the form, each item can be moved by grabbing the 4-way arrow next to the item name and dragging it to the position you choose.
- Click the pencil icon on each item to edit the headings and content.
- The User Account Info - which includes first name, last name & email address - is required on every form.
- Any other data fields can be removed from the form by clicking the X in the top right corner of the item.
A text box is provided below the form for additional information and/or disclaimers. If no text is added, this space will not appear on your form.
You can customize the Page Thank You Message which is shown to the customer after submitting the form.
You also can customize the Email Thank You Message which is sent to the customer after submitting the form.