Commerce - Commerce Settings
Commerce Settings are the nuts and bolts that will apply to products you create and your customer shopping cart. If you do not have Commerce enabled, you will not have access to this section. Contact your coach if you're interested in selling online!
Spark Location: Sales > Commerce Settings
Whatever percentage added to this field will apply to all items added to the shopping cart. If you do not need to add a Sales Tax, enter 0 in this field.
Transaction FeesThese are applied one time to an entire purchase.
- Name the fee
- Add a description
- Choose to apply a dollar($) amount fee or a percentage(%) amount fee. (We suggest you make the decision based off the average price of the products/tickets on your site)
- Determine which Product Channels this transaction fee should be applied to: Online or Box Office
- Choose to Apply Sales Tax To This Fee
Give the fee a Name. Good examples are "Merchandise Fee," "Convenience Fee" etc.
Add a Description for this fee. We require descriptions so that when your customer sees this fee in their shopping cart, you can give them a brief explanation for why they're receiving this fee.
Our example is: This charge is for processing your order and making the item(s) available to you.
If you need to apply your sales tax to this fee, check the box
Add A Shipping Method
Shipping Methods allow you to create multiple delivery methods for various price ranges
- Name your Shipping Method "Ground," "5-7 Business Days," "Overnight," etc.
- Description is also required. This is a good place to explain your delivery and shipping options. For instance, "orders will be processed and shipped within 3 business days. Ground shipping usually delivers within 5 business days of the shipment date."
- Click SAVE to begin adding Shipping Ranges and Pricing
- Begin by adding a "LOW PRICE" - 0.00 ($0) is what you should begin with
- Add the "HIGH PRICE" and add the "SHIPPING PRICE" for that price range. Essentially, you can create multiple price ranges and determine the cost of the shipping fee for each range.
- Click SAVE
Shopping cart add-ons
The checkout process is made up of 3 pages: Checkout, Review & Confirmation - with each of these links we allow you to customize the header, footer, head tag and body tag of each page. With these fields you can add custom content, even imagery with a little HTML, but more importantly provide instruction, help, or incentives to customers all the way through their checkout process!
You can also require that your customers "agree to terms & conditions" specified in your Privacy, Terms & Cookies. This will require that they check a box - be sure that your refund/return/cancellation policy is clearly listed here: Privacy, terms & cookies
We've also given you the ability to create custom mobile receipt content (plain text only) when you sell an in-person ticket on our mobile hip printers.
To edit each of these pieces or sections of the checkout process, click the link to expand that field. The header and footer content fields will have a complete WYSIWYG. The tag fields are intended for adding re-targeting pixels for tracking conversions and marketing efforts!